When one seeks to hire, the best real estate agent, to represent their needs, in a meaningful, realistic manner, it is important to seek someone, who will put them, first, and put, those they represent, first! There is no, one – size – fits – all, set of rules and guidelines, for, determining, precisely which agents, are best for you, but, it’s essential to remember, and understand, these 5 key benefits, and services, that representative, must provide for you, in your best interests. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, these, and, hopefully, help homeowners, determine, the best way to begin the process.
1. Marketing plan: When you interview potential people, for this position, listen carefully, to their proposed marketing plan, and why, they feel, it is the best way, to proceed. This means, evaluating the specific, niche – market, for getting you the best results, and how (and where), he will market, promote, and advertise your home. Also, ask why he feel that way, and whether, he is willing to fully, consider, your personal priorities, goals, etc, before beginning!
2. Showings: Understand, the key component, of marketing, and selling, which is, to get the right, qualified, potential buyers, to view it! If you want to get the house sold, it must have numerous showings, in most cases, so to find, just the right buyer! What might someone do, in order to offer, his client, the best, possible, scenario?
3. Negotiating: The first indication, the homeowner has, to identify, agents with the best negotiating skills, is to observe, how well, one negotiates, and defends, the commission, he asks for! Negotiating means putting a client’s best interests first, and assuming your ethical commitment, consistently. One must know, when to make a counter – offer, versus, when, to accept an offer. This must be done, in a focused, experienced manner!
4. Closing: The deal isn’t done, until/ unless, it goes to closing! This means, ensuring all paperwork. qualifications, focus, and emphasis, is on the bigger – picture, and every necessary detail, is considered, and taken into consideration, until the deal closes! Pay particular attention to any open, building permits, financing – related matters, and getting both sides’ attorneys, working together.
5. Hand – holding: Because, for most, the value of their house, represents their single – biggest, financial asset, there will be, much potential for tension, stress, angst, etc,, during the real estate transaction period. An empathetic, quality, desirable, real estate agent, must be ready, willing, and able, to hold his client’s hand, in a comforting manner!
You owe it to yourself, to find, the best agent, to represent your interests! Avoid short – cuts, or taking the path, of least resistance!